- In October 1986 St George Hospital and
d'Assurances (SNA) jointly launched Medicard, the first medical card in
Lebanon and in the Middle East. It was a pioneer in the domain of
hospitalization insurance and its coverage was limited to
St George Hospital,
- In 1992, Medicard created the first hospitalization card,
covering the third generation of elderly people over 64 years old.
- In 1995, the coverage was expanded to 15 hospitals by releasing
the second product, Medicard National, offering new options:
renewability to the insured who have completed two consecutive years of
insurance at Medicard.
- No age limit, provided adherents join in, prior to
being 75 years old.
- Also in 1995, Medicard created the "Option Plan", a product
dedicated to Lebanese expatriates and their families intending one day to
return to their country of origin.
- In 2000, the number of accredited hospitals was increased to18.
This number was increased to 24 Hospitals in 2001 and to 26 in 2005.
What differentiates Medicard products from other similar products
in the market place is the quality of customer service. The Product is
sustained by two pillars: St
George Hospital and Société Nationale d'Assurances (SNA) , both
financially solid organizations, highly professional, and reliable, as well as
extremely supportive of all their clientele.